You know that saying, “when the student is ready, the teacher will appear”? That’s exactly what happened with today’s guest: I had started thinking about this new idea for my spa when Ann Brown popped up on my Facebook talking about the exact thing I had been thinking about. I’m not going to give it away because this interview is so great and I want you to hear about it from her!
Ann is the Spa Director at Spa Shiki, the spa at The Lodge at the Four Seasons in Lake Ozark, MO. She has given back so much to our industry and contributes to the beauty biz world, plus she’s incredibly knowledgable. She’s certified as a nail tech, a licensed esthetician, massage therapist, cosmetologist, and she has a business degree. She is doing amazing work with all of her knowledge, and it’s just so inspiring.
She gave me an aha moment that there are so many opportunities in the beauty biz world, and we sometimes aren’t even aware of all the possibilities. I know you’re going to love this interview. Thanks for listening.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
If we can educate our staff, then they can educate the consumer, and then the consumer can really start to own their own wellness.” – Ann Brown
- What it’s like in Lake Ozark, MO
- How she met her husband on a job interview
- Why it’s important to negotiate what’s best for you
- Why you have to appreciate yourself
- How she moved herself away from being self-destructive
- The more you give, the more you’ll receive
- The value of having a mentor
I think gratitude, and even giving yourself your own gratitude, can replenish your love tank.” – Ann Brown
- Why you should surround yourself with inspiring people
- How she got involved in Himalayan salt stones
- How her business Saltability got discovered
- How she tackled her anxiety
- The benefits of the minerals in himalayan salt stones
- The importance of self-love
This meantime can take up so much of our lives that we feel paralyzed.” – Ann Brown
- Check out Saltability
- Learn more about Aura-Soma
- Get your own daily notes from the universe
- Check out ISPA
- Learn more about John Gray
- Check out Charity Water
- Read Water & Salt: The Essence of Life by Barbara Hendel
- Connect with Ann:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
We’re all looking for ways to vibrationally start to find some calmness in our lives.” – Ann Brown
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.