Today I’m excited to share my conversation with Elizabeth Jennings, a law assistant turned esthetician in Summerville, South Carolina.
Elizabeth now specializes in eyelash extensions, but also has a massage certification. And her business is booming. She is the kind of woman who knows what she wants, and goes for it. And I love that about her.
Today we’re talking about some of her success tips, the challenges she’s had to overcome in opening and running her own business, and of course the latest trends in the lash extension world.
If you’re a business owner looking for a little inspiration, this is a perfect episode for you. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- Why you should move into the beauty biz world
- The transition between massage in medicine and massage in spa
- The benefit of being an independent esthetician
- What it’s like working out of your home
- How hiring an assistant changes your perspective
- The importance of delegation
- What is a beauty administrator
- The value of repetition and practice
- Why you have to have a consultation
- Why you should use before and after pictures
- The trend of volume lashes
- What is a nanomister
- The challenges of success
- Why you should bless instead of bash
- What happens when you know what you want and go for it
- Why you should continue your education
- Why you shouldn’t compete with anyone with yourself
- The value of investing in your success
- Why you should have a community of fellow estheticians and beauty biz women
- Why Mondays are a great day to get things done
Elizabeth’s 3 tips to Create Beauty Biz Success:
- Never stop pursuing knowledge
- Don’t compete with anyone but yourself
- Invest in your own success
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.