Ella’s first career was as an intelligence officer in the U.S. Army. And now, as Spa Director at Sea Island Resort, she uses the tools she learned to run a 65,000 square foot spa.
I love talking to powerful women in the industry, and Ella is a premier example of that. If you have wondered what it’s like to move into management in the industry, or how to break into the world of resort spas, this is the interview to listen to.
Enjoy listening to my conversation with Ella Stimpson.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- How to travel while working in the hospitality industry
- How the army helps expand your horizons
- The pressure of being in the army
- Why having a margin of error is nice
- How feeling beautiful can help you conquer the world
- How the economic downturn was good for spas and bad for resorts
- Why being fit makes you feel powerful
- The opulence of spas in Las Vegas
- What it’s like working at a spa within a resort
- How to get hired at a resort spa
- Why repeat clients are so important
- The importance of teamwork
- What is the day of a spa director like?
- The relationship between the spa and resort
- How to define your team’s values
- What is cryotherapy?
- Why it’s hard keeping up with the latest products and technologies
- What is ISPA?
Ella’s 3 tips to Create Beauty Biz Success:
- Be willing to do anything
- Find purpose in your life
- Be flexible and have a sense of humor
- Wynn & Encore hotel and resorts in Las Vegas, where Ella used to work
- Learn more about cryotherapy
- Check out the International Spa Association
- Connect with Ella:
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.