We could all use a dose of positivity and today’s guest is just that. Kristen Johnson is a nurse, licensed aesthetician, and now, a recently published author. She is also a fabulous example of someone who is doing it all: juggling family, work, and even outreach.
In this episode, Kristen shares her incredible journey into the beauty world, explains how she powered up, and talks us through the process of writing and publishing her book, The Waterwell Integrative Wellness Guide. We talk about which came first: the aesthetics or the nursing. We also swap tips on building a successful and grounded business team.
Listen to this episode to learn why getting yourself in order leads to you feeling more positive, the best questions to ask a potential hire, and why Kristen doesn’t like the word “journal”.
Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
“Many of us right now are still feeling moments of being stunned at what we went through.” – Lori Crete
- What should aestheticians know about skin cancer
- Which came first for Kristen Johnson: nursing or aesthetics
- How to get started in aesthetics
- How did Kristen manage during the lockdowns
- Tips for building a business team
- What are the best questions to ask a potential hire
- How to handle the emotions of clients
- What advice does Kristen have for beauty entrepreneurs
“It’s going to be harder than you think.” – Kristen N. M. Johnson
- Connect with Kristen N. M. Johnson:
“I feel like an emotional support dog sometimes. ” – Lori Crete
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.