Lauren Snow is the Director of Membership at Associated Skin Care Professionals. Her job is to support, educate, and help the estheticians’ community! Always looking for speakers and content to offer ongoing education for our field, and sharing the benefits of insurance, Lauren is a wealth of knowledge about the beauty biz world. I am so excited to introduce you to Lauren Snow.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- Her position as the director of membership at Associated Skin Care Professionals (ASCP)
- How ASCP has over 50 employees, a publications department, a membership department, and more
- What it’s like serving four industries: massage, skin care, hair, and nails
- A membership at ASCP involves liability insurance, but also helps you achieve career goals: introduces you to companies, discounts with products and services, a free website, online education
- How to evaluate the needs of estheticians and develop member benefits to support the field
- What it entails to manage the ASCP brand
- The benefit of ongoing education like webinars
- The importance of ongoing education in your field
- How Sex and the City changed everything
- There are 240,000 estheticians in the US!
- The esthetics field is recession proof
- The importance of good business sense! You have to know about things like insurance and products
- Her crazy treatment room stories!
- The effect of the age of Amazon and eBay
- How communication with your clients is key
- Other valuable kinds of insurance
- More ASCP benefits and discounts! They offer more than just insurance
- Associated Skin Care Professionals
- Associated Nail Professionals
- Associated Hair Professionals
- Connect with Lauren Snow:
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.