I am so excited today to share my conversation with Mirela Holbert. Mirela is from Romania, where she went to school before practicing esthetics and cosmetology there and in Paris.
She then moved to the U.S. where she founded the International School of Beauty in Palm Springs, CA. But don’t worry, she also has two spas and is active in opening up rules and regulations for estheticians in California.
I can’t wait for you to hear this interview, especially my favorite part at the end when Mirela shares her three R’s of success.
Enjoy the show and thanks for listening.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- What is a cross training program
- Why she started a color line
- Why you have to love what you do
- Who is enrolling in esthetics schooling
- Why more mature people are applying for esthetics school
- How beauty school in Europe differs from school in the states
- Why it’s important that esthetics school is taken seriously
- The qualities of the best students
- Why you have to have a heart for service
- Teaching estheticians about marketing and social media
- Why the scope of work for estheticians need to grow
- Why estheticians in California are so limited
- How the regulations are different in a school
- Why estheticians need to go to meetings and speak up about our needs
- How to find a job after you graduate
- Why you have to know how to do a good wax
- How to balance client care and expanding your business
- The importance of retail, referrals, and rebooking
- Why sensitive skin is just as much of a problem as acne
Mirela’s 3 tips to Create Beauty Biz Success:
- Hard work
- The client is king
- Every treatment has to end with the three R’s: retail, referral, and rebooking
- Learn more about all of Mirela’s endeavors at Mirela Online
- Visit her Spa Du Jour
- Learn more about her skin care line Karina
- Check out her International School of Beauty
- Learn more about her products at Beauty 4 Pros
- Connect with Mirela:
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.