Eva started out in theater, and learned how to do makeup backstage before stepping under the lights. After taking up makeup artistry to help pay the bills, she found that women were constantly apologizing for their appearance.
Now, Eva uses her everyday encounters with women to encourage them to love themselves as they are.
I think Eva’s message is so powerful, and I know after you listen to this episode that you’ll be itching to watch her TED Talk.
Enjoy my interview with Eva DeVirgilis.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- The joys and struggles of living in New York City
- How to transition from sales to makeup artistry
- Why being a performer helps you connect to clients
- How makeup artistry allows you to be independent
- How TED Talks connect people from all over the world
- How to overcome stage fright
- The feminization of advertising
- Why you should share your story
- How makeup is a therapy puppet
- The power of human touch and caring
- Why women should stop apologizing for their appearance
- The characteristics of women that accept themselves
- The importance of loving yourself now
- Why you should be consistent with your level of service
- Kindness is everything
Eva’s 4 tips to Create Beauty Biz Success:
- Own who you are
- Be kind and honest and appreciative to the people who come to you
- Keep studying and learning and perfecting your craft
- Overall, be consistent
- Watch Eva’s TED Talk
- Check out some of Eva’s favorite brands and products:
- Watch more TED Talks
- Learn more about Lori’s Masterclass
- Connect with Eva:
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.