Today, I am absolutely thrilled to introduce you to Kelly Carlson. I last saw her several years ago as we shared lavender gimlets together in Chicago, and it has been incredible to watch her grow. Kelly has been a licensed esthetician since 2007, and she is one of my very first clients and a long-lost friend. In this episode you will be able to not only hear, but feel that skincare is her calling as she shares about her inspiring path and the decisions she has made in her personal life to help grow her business.
Kelly explains that taking care of herself and her energy made it possible for her business to grow. One of the biggest things that has influenced her personal life is Qoya which is a movement practice that combines essential movement, dance, and yoga and guides us in our essence as women as wise, wild, and free. Now Kelly is a Qoya teacher as well as beauty biz practitioner. Qoya has helped her move away from her inner critic which has allowed her to feel better internally and for her beauty business to strive as a result. I had a blast spending time with her on the podcast and I think you will too.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- How to move away from all work no play
- What does success look like
- How to move away from burnout
- Why taking care of yourself is important for your business
- How to over come your inner bully
- What is Qoya
- How to stop playing small
- How to travel while you have a business
- Why overcoming fear is important
- How to leave your work at home when you are on vacation
- Why a positive community in your personal life can help your business
- How to balance your schedule
- Why dealing healthy skin issues can influence overall health
- Why it is important to deal with your health issues early
Kelly Carlson’s 3 tips to Create Beauty Biz Success:
- Seek out people who can help guide you- investing in your own well-being is the best investment you can make
- Trust yourself and find practices to help you do that
- Take your “energy-hygene” practice more seriously
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.