Today, I am so excited to talk with President and Co-Founder of Face Reality, Laura Cooksey.
Laura is known for being an acne expert, but she is also a licensed esthetician and massage therapist. In addition, she’s the creator of Proven Strategies for Treating Acne, a DVD training system.
We covered a range of topics, including the importance of client consultations, how to successfully grow a business, and the value of showing up and coming from a place of empathy.
Laura and I agree on so many things, especially when it comes to owning your success and stepping into it, and I can’t wait for you to hear more.
Enjoy today’s show.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- How struggling with acne led her to skin care
- How army boot camp helps you run a business
- Transitioning from massage therapy to specializing in acne
- The challenges of marketing to clients with acne
- Why an esthetician can be better than a dermatologist
- What it’s like performing a niche service
- The benefits of a comprehensive consultation
- Why clients need to know what is expected of them
- What are the most typical types of acne
- The relationship between acne and diet
- Why acne is an inherited disorder
- The possibility of long distance treatment
- How to grow a successful business
- The importance of being an expert in your specialty
- Why you should define who you want to treat
- How achieving clear skin can change your life
- Why it’s important for clients to be all in
- The benefit of keeping your prices accessible
- Learn more about Laura’s business Face Reality
- Check out Laura’s training system
- You can still grab your seat for the Esthetician Masterclass!
- Connect with Laura:
About the Author
A finalist for American Spa Magazine’s 2017 Women in Wellness Mentor of the Year, Lori Crete is a highly sought after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.